Ways to Partner
Partner in EducationOur business and industry partners understand that they play a vital role in preparing today’s students for the workforce of tomorrow. Here are a few ways you can partner with Poway Unified School District and make a significant impact on our students.
Investing your Time
Whether it’s serving as a guest speaker at a school to hosting a paid or unpaid intern, our students depend on business engagement. One moment of your time and insights could make a significant difference in the careers our students select for their future.
- Be a Guest Speaker
- Provide a company tour or a half-day job shadow
- Mentor a Student
- Supervise Student Interns
- Provide a Work Experience Opportunity
- Participate in practice or informational interviews
Click here to let us know how you want to get involved!
Investing your Talent
PUSD Career Technical Education works closely with industry partners in order to deliver relevant course sequences, curriculum, student organizations, and work-based learning experiences to our students. Business and industry experts partner with Career Technical Education administration, teachers, and students to support the CTE mission and vision.
- Advise at the Annual Career Technical Education Advisory Committee
- Provide expertise on Industry Specific Advisory Committee annually
- Recruit other businesses to provide work-based learning opportunities for students
The Poway USD Foundation provides resources to support world-class learners in every classroom by raising additional funds to enhance programs in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math with a focus on College and Career Readiness.
Our Leadership Circle represents business leaders that provide corporate sponsorship to support students. Friends of the Foundation are individuals, and small businesses owners who donate funds annually through the annual giving campaign or by sponsoring a Foundation event. PUSD Foundation Donation Page
Listed below are examples of some of the ways in which our Partners support our students.
- Sponsor field trips
- Sponsor competitions such as Robotics Team, DECA, or Science Olympiad
- Support professional development for teachers
- Host teacher externships
- Provide instructional supplies and equipment
- Donate gift cards, services, and prizes for annual fundraising events
For more information, please contact Dolores Canizales, [email protected]